Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Coloring Challenge for Me



Hello everyone - I hope you had a fabulous weekend - here in Canada we had an extra day off yesterday so it was very nice.  This weekend we reached some very hot temperatures so in the afternoons I was more than happy to be in my craft room where it was a bit cooler.  I bought this adorable Whimsy stamp called "Little Jack and Bobbin Snoozin" - it just gave me such a warm fuzzy feeling when I saw it and then once I stamped it out I realized that there is a lot to color.  It took me a few practice rounds as I am not that good with my copic markers yet and I did finally finish this image and was fairly happy with the results.  I also actually kept a list of the colors I used you can see the list below.  This card is mainly coloring except for the SU corner punch and brad I used and the sentiment is also a Whimsy stamp.  I did add some twine on the fishing rod to make it look a bit more realistic.  You will note there is a dog in this image as well and if you follow my blog you will know that I love most any image that has a cute dog in it - another reason for buying this stamp - lol!  Well it is back to work for me today but thankfully a short week so I am happy about that.  I hope you have a wonderful day where-ever you might be and thank you for stopping by for a visit.

Copic Used:

Grass - G99, YG67, YG63, YG03, G21, G20
Tree - E29, E25, E53, E99, W1
Hair - E31, E50, E53
Skin - E11, E01, E00, E000
Dog - W5, W3, W1
Shirt and Apple - R37, R35, R32
Hat - E33, E31, YR20, Y21
Overalls, B97, B95, B93, B91
Flowers - Y06, Y17
Leaves - G95, YG67, G20
Sky - Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass and homemade cloud template
Book - W7, W5, W3, W1
I also added some prisma color markers to deepen shadows (a brand new technique for me but quite effective)

Your stamping friend, Debbie

3 comments:

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Debbie.
luv
Debby

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Fabulous image, your colouring is awesome.

Thanks for joining in the Summer Fun challenge at Whimsy.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Wendy said...

Fab card Hun love it thank you for joining us at whimsy for our summer challenge with this great image fab

Wendy DT whimsy