Monday, April 23, 2012

Hula Girl




Hello - Well I was in my glory with this new stamp from Make it Crafty - she required a fair bit of coloring which is my favorite part of the card making process - but I will admit a bit of a challenge as well - I have only colored black hair 3 or 4 times ever so it did take me a few trys to get it good enough for my liking - I know I have some more work to do but that is the fun part too - the learning process. Our local scrapbooking store brought in a whole line of the Make it Crafty stamps and although I only purchased 2 of them (the other being a Christmas image) they are just so adorable - something a bit different than what I am used to but so much fun!! I colored her with copic markers and yes I did keep a list this time (see below). I had some paper in my stash pile that as soon as I saw it I knew it had to go with this image - because this paper has words all over it I didn't include a sentiment - so this card oould really be used for any occasion. I cut out a circle from my Creative Memories circle cutter and used my nestability die cut for the pink border in behind. I found a hawaiian leaf from my Sizzlits collection that went well with the flowers I added. I cut out the flags from some design paper and added a bright ribbon as well. I love that it looks bright and summery - a reminder to me that summer is just around the corner. We had a beautiful summery like weekend this weekend so that made me very happy - I was able to get out and clean my deck so we can sit out there and enjoy the warmer weather. Thanks for stopping by for a look and hope you have a fabulous day!

Copics Used
Skin : E25, E11, E00, E000
Hair: C9, C7, C5, C3
Flowers: YR23, YR09
Grass Skirt: G85, G21 and YR20
I did go over her eyes with 100 and added E25 to them as well

Your stamping friend, Debbie

1 comment:

Tania said...

Wow great job on the black hair.I havn't been brave enough to it yet.Beautiful-Hugs tania