Monday, November 22, 2010

Magical Monday - Paper Cupcakes challenge - Cream and Red


Hello everyone - just when I thought I would get a bit of time off of work and more time in my craftroom - one of our main guys at work broke his foot on Friday and is off for at least 6 weeks - what that means for me is more time at the office. I am not very happy about it - but on the other hand I do feel awful for the guy that broke his foot. My getting more time in my craft room will most likely not happen until mid to end of January. It also means now that I must be more organized - I used to be so good at that but not so much anymore. Well it is Monday once again (and now almost the end of November - Yikes!! - where did the time go?!!). The challenge at Paper Cupcakes blog - There's Magic in the Air is to make a card (it doesn't have to be a Christmas card) and use the colors red and cream. This card that I created used the digi-stamp "Christmas Bulbs" which was illustrated by the talented Nina May at Paper Cupcakes - I used mostly Basic Grey "Jovial" line of paper (I absolutely love this paper!). This was a very detailed card - I printed out the digi-stamp on white CS and then I added fine red glitter to the bulbs - I colored in the strings in gold and added a gold star sticker to the one bulb (there is actually a star on the design). I then cut out the entire image - that was crazy hard - I had to use my x-acto knife for this one. I then did some paper layering and used some lace and ribbon for accents. The sentiment I am not sure where it is from but I thought it was the perfect saying for this card. I wanted to make it a vintage type of card and I think I succeeded with that goal - this card is much prettier in real life as the Christmas bulbs really do sparkle with all that glitter. Hopefully you will get a moment to stop over at the challenge blog to check out all the other cards made by the Design Team and maybe even get a chance to play along yourself for a chance at winning a great prize. Thank you for taking time from your busy day to stop by for a visit - I hope that you are all keeping warm and cozy - we are heading for some very chilly weather in the next few days - so I know that I will be bundling up everywhere I go. Have a great day!!

Your stamping friend, Debbie

5 comments:

Nilla said...

Love all the details, and the image! Fabulous card and great take on my challenge! Hugs Nilla

CraftinGranny said...

Hi Debbie, beautiful card. Somehow I missed that image and what you have done with it is awesome. "Hugs" Carol

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Debbie, beautiful work.
luv
Debby

Annika said...

oh my goodness, cutting out these bulbs - I would have CRIED!!
That said, it looks absolutely stunning with all the layers and lace!!
Hugs
Annika

Jessie said...

Soooo pretty!