Friday, August 20, 2010

Tiddly Inks "Thinking of You"


Hello everyone - last eveing as I was driving home from work I spotted this girl walking and she was wearing a black and purple outfit and I thought to myself that would be a great color combo for a card. Last night I looked through my scrap stash and couldn't find any purple that I liked - there are so many shades of purple it is incredible!! Anyways I liked the one I choose for the background but it also had yellows and blues in it so I decided to bring out those colors and add black just as a highlight color. I found this Tiddly ink (Gratty tude) stamp by Stamping Bella - and thought she would be perfect to color to match all the papers I choose. I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored with copics. I used faded jeans Tim Holtz distress ink to add the blue-ish background around the image. I used a Penny Black stamp for the music notes on the yellow background and then added black soot Tim Holtz Distress ink around the edges. I then layered everything, added some faux stitching, used my sizzix flower die to add the small flowers and added a few black brads. stickles sparkle to finish off. Oh the sentiment is from C.C. Designs. Copics used were Skin - E00, E11, Vase - E02, Hair - YR24, YR21, YR20, Dress, Heart, Shoes - V17, Flowers - B41, B45. Yeah today is Friday and I am super excited - the house will be empty this weekend - the kids and Romeo are off to the coast for the weekend - they will be back on Monday. I am hoping to have a nice quiet but productive weekend - got some housecleaning to catch up on and some card making - I am GD for Paper Cupcakes for the month of Sept. so I am wanting to get some of that work done ahead of time. I hope to partake in a couple of weekend challenges as well. Thank you for taking some time out of your busy day to stop by for a visit and I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and weekend!!

Your stamping friend
Debbie

2 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Hi Debbie, Welcome to the PCC Design Team. I've perused your blog and just love your designs. They are absolutely beautiful. Look forward to playing on the DT with you.
"Hugs" Carol

Dru said...

Hi Debbie - cute card! Welcome as a guest designer for Paper Cupcakes in September!