Friday, June 11, 2010

My first attempt at distress ink coloring and black hair


Hello and oh my gosh!! - coloring black hair - I can't believe how hard it is to color - it took me 5 Tilda's to get the hair kind of ok and that is also why the late post today - I really challenged myself - first attempt at coloring an image with distress inks (went to my local scrapbooking store and bought a bunch of new colors) and my first attempt at black hair. I absolutely love this snow white Tilda and I held off buying her for quite some time only because I knew she would have to have black hair. I was pleasantly surprised at how the coloring turned out (except for the hair). I love the colors of Tim Holtz inks and I really enjoyed water painting with them. I used a water color paper and a water pen. It was very relaxing (other than the hair of course!). I used the fairy tale line of Magnolia paper and layered it - I love how all the Magnolia papers go together. I used a Magnolia sentiment and Magnolia frog. I added some flowers and pearls and punched out a small heart to hang from the sentiment. I added some sparkle to the little heart as well. I am happy with how this card turned out and I am excited to experiment some more with the distress inks. Thank you so much for stopping by and I just want to thank all the people who have taken the time to leave comments on my previous posts - it is very much appreciated!

Your stamping friend
Debbie

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh it's exquisite! You'd never know it was your first time with distress inks, and the black hair looks great. I had the same issues when I coloured mine, it's darn hard but you made her look gorgeous!